Thursday, June 27, 2019

Shader Cache Stopped Loading

I got CEMU about a week ago (1.15.9) followed BSoD's setup guide, and downloaded BOTW along with a shader cache. The setup was super easy and everything worked perfectly at a near solid 60 FPS, I have 47 hours played on BOTW and all of a sudden I experienced my first game crash yet.

I tried opening the game in CEMU again, but this time instead of a fast loading screen that loads my shaders I get a glitchy slow loading screen, and when the game starts after a few seconds, it starts compiling shaders. If I try playing the game it almost instantly crashes once a load a save game.

Plz help me. Plz.

EDIT: I found a fix, I've looked through lots of threads of people having this problem without a solid solution posted other than reinstalling, so here is my fix.

I read a comment someone said the game may have changed you name thing, and you might need to rename your shader cache. So I went to check my log file, but I remember my log file never works unless I delete it first, then it will work once. So I go to delete my log file and it says "Cant delete file, it's being used by CEMU". I thought it was weird, as I thought CEMU was closed, but little did I know 3 "Wii U Emulator" processes were still running on my computer despite CEMU being closed, and they were taking up tons of my CPU. So I closed the three processes, restarted CEMU (properly this time) and now it works.

In another note - why is CEMU running and using so much processing power after I exit the program? Mining bitcoin or something? :s (using official release from their website)

Edit 2: It seems that CEMU running 3 processes in the background had to do with the crash. Now when I close CEMU I don't have "Wii U Emulator" processes running anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment