Friday, July 12, 2019

3.4 GPA, high test, good Ecs

Ok so, my profile is a bit weird. I'm Indian, my parents never went to college, and i'm middle class. Now i am completely different from my indian peers (I live in Calif, i mean as indians who live in america) . I go to one of the hardest schools in California, but I'm not as smart as my peers academically, im an average student. My EC's are pretty good, im not going to be like those chanceme pretentious kids for validation. Im just really confused on what I should do because I have no guidance. This is simply my profile and I need advice. I want to go to college (business one) so if you guys could recommend me some that would be great.

Stats:

UW GPA Cumulative: 3.3-3.4

Weighted Gpa: 3.9-4

Taking 9 Ap classes - Hardest ones, up to AP CALC BC, AP Chem, APUSH, AP English, AP Spanish, AP Bio, AP Physics C, ApCS Principles, APCS A, Pre-Calc Honor (weighted),

SAT: 1550 (studied for like 6 months for this, i think this is the best score on my resume)

PSAt: 1200 just for context

ACT:35

EC's:

•Own 2 businesses, with 6 employees

•Have a website, where I sell my products (clothes and shoes) sell guides ( to start your own business, and investing in stocks) and sell memberships to my Discord group

•I buy and resell from some of the biggest shoe chains in America, have connections with owners of finish line, undefeated, and Cool kicks. I also know Benjamin kicks if you guys have ever heard of him. Idk if colleges see me having connections is any good but thought I’d put that out there.

•Creating an app, haven't launched yet, as I am doing a lot of marketing for it, it will be monitors and stuff for releases.

•Created a reselling course to teach teenagers how to “start a business and digital marketing”

•Have a “Discord” chat with over 200 members (who pay a subscription) where we teach them how to start a business (Basically I video call them and teach them), i post guides, have multiple staff that i pay. They pay around $40 a month.

•Instagram blog, where I teach people how to start a business ,give advice, people buy promos from me -15,000 followers goal by the end of this year is 45k, people are already asking me for promos, so I’m making some money off of that.

•Co - Created a bitcoin auto trading program for my Discord group

•Golf team Captain

•Dance team captain

•Baseball varsity(freshman)

•Mock trial state finalist (freshman)

•Service hours 500(received medals, I'm pretty well known in my non-profit)

•Eagle scout

•Created business club at school- President and founder (Different from Fbla and business elective)

•Teach a business elective at school - basically i teach kids social media marketing (Different from business club)

•Fbla president and founder

•Intern at a management company for a while, as well as a “consultant” sort of thing for an online digital ad company.

Summer-

•Freshman- Stanford summer public speaking camp

•Sophomore- Internship at a local business

•Junior- endvr business camp

•Senior- Launch X business camp

I want to get into USC, UC Davis, or any Uc at all. Or any business school. Some people have told me to go to CC because of my gpa and I really really do not want to do that. Do you guys have any schools in mind?

Also I want to say thanks to u/ShivVGC for helping me out so much, and giving me so much advice.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks for taking you time reading this!



No comments:

Post a Comment