Thursday, August 29, 2019

Am I okay to ask for an update on my case?

(Please let me know if I've used the wrong flare or anything, don't really know what to do.)

England here.

I'm currently in a legal battle with my mother, who has accused me of stealing 15 Bitcoin from her. My boyfriend (who is implicated in the original crime, however I've written to my mother to inform her of the correct timeline of events. Whether this "confession" has been read by my mother is not clear) was arrested about a year ago, and I will have been arrested a year ago in September. There have been lots of revelations in the case, with regards to a glitch on a Bitcoin mining website, and the exploitation of said glitch by my mother and 2 other people. From this, I am (unofficially) aware that my mother and these 2 others have been arrested. I am not aware of whether the investigation has shifted to these facts, but from familial sources I can assume it has. I have currently heard no official outcome or update of the case, be it from my solicitor or the lead investigator. I've contacted my solicitor and he has received no updates from the investigator in charge either. My question is this: if I request an update on the proceedings, what am I entitled to know? Am I in any way allowed to ask whether I'm being directly investigated, or because I'm the accused I will be kept in the dark? My boyfriend is not going to be prosecuted, that I am 100% sure about. I'm 20 F, I've lost most of my family due to this case and I'm so so scared. Being in the dark is really affecting my mental health, as well as the size of the offense potentially resting on my shoulders. I would just like to know my rights and what information I may be privy to.


No comments:

Post a Comment