Thursday, August 22, 2019

I want to become a Pilot.

I'm 26m and have a useless degree in business and a semi-useless post grad grad degree (only because I will never work in the field again) in Occupational Health and Safety - both from decent Universities. However, I haven't worked in 3 years. I was one of those annoying people that made a bit of bank from Bitcoin and snap quit my job of one year to travel.

Since then, I've been to 60+ countries, lived in a few of them for 6 months each, gone to amazing events like the World Cup etc., basically I have just had a very fantastic 3 years. However the most frustrating bit is that through all this I've if become super nihilistic and essentially negative regarding the future due to my lack of passion toward anything.

For the last 18 months I've been racking my brain for what it is I'd like to do perhaps as a career or whatever it is to give me some purpose. I'm aware that I'm in a significantly better position than most to give myself that head start but I have just felt so flat regarding every option. Until last night when I watched Catch Me If You Can.

I know it sounds stupid but fuck it I can feel it in my guts. I want to become a pilot. I've always been a risk taker with an 'all in' mentality so I know I have that weaponised autism to follow through on these feelings.

I have a qtr mil and no debts, Aussie citizen, currently chilling in the Caucuses. If I have to spend all my money to be a pilot so be it. Whats the best way to begin?


No comments:

Post a Comment