Friday, August 16, 2019

People of r/Bitcoin, do you have a sad story including Bitcoin?

Hello, since I still grief over mine I am interested to hear yours. A lot more than half a decade back I had 420 Bitcoins, out of fun when I heard of it I started mining and bought some (like, really cheap, less than a dollar for 10 Bitcoins cheap). It was only for fun and giggles, as you might notice, and I never got into it at that time. A "wallet" was for me something I downloaded out of a guide but was not used to it nor used it, really. It was just...there. After I lost my phone I honestly didn't care for the couple of bucks, combined with my none-knowledge about wallets (I didn't even know where the wallet was from, which service or how to login besides the safed login credentials on said lost phone) so I dropped that deal.

After many years, I think in 2017 it was, or so, when Bitcoin shot up like crazy, it was like a different thing for me, I spoke about it interested and checked prices daily even though I didn't have any, until one night where reality hit me that I HAD Bitcoins, I had Bitcoins that cost me around 50€ (overall, including but prices but mostly electricity) that was now worth 420*15.000k€.

Before you say how can someone be so stupid and not remember it, back then Bitcoin was not all around somewhere online, it barely existed, once in months appeared in a news article. For me it wasn't Bitcoin that many years ago, it was a fun thing online.

Long story short: I was never able to recover said wallet, until today I don't know where I set it up, tried to check my mails, but they only go back certain amount of years and I actually believe I created it on a mail account I haven't used for a ton of years since I switched to gmail.



No comments:

Post a Comment