Monday, October 7, 2019

First Year of Brista-FI, Questions About Roth IRA Conversion Ladder

Hello, this has been my first year of Barista-FI. I have been taking on gigs that interest me such as working concession stand at Electric Forest but these gigs are pretty much minimum wage stuff so even with some investment incomes I made this year (such as going from $4000->$10000 on half a bitcoin), I'm not really sure if I will reach the standard deduction limit of $12,200 this year.

So here is the question. If I do not reach the standard deduction limit, I could fill that 0% tax space with a 401k distribution to do a Roth IRA conversion ladder correct? Also, what is the deadline for performing the 401k to Roth IRA conversion for this year's taxes? Is it April 15, 2020? How long does the roll over process usually take? I know you have to convert it 60 days after distribution so, it shouldn't take more than 2 months right?

Sorry for alot of questions. I've read through the root of good and money under 30's guide but these were some of things that was not really clear to me.

Thanks for any help!



No comments:

Post a Comment