Friday, January 31, 2020

BITCOIN BASICS: MY VIEW

When I first got into trading Bitcoin, I used to ignore "OGs". It was clear to me (and still is) that they weren't the best traders

However, the longer I stayed focusing on Bitcoin, the more I learned the way it moves and the patterns it makes. You get that "sixth sense" for it

The people that have seen numerous cycles and events, though they may be crap traders, are definitely to be listened to I found over time

When it comes to BTC price predictions also, and things like the effects the halving has, I believe TA gets thrown out of the window

I've now seen a Bitcoin bottom and 2 Bitcoin tops - 3 cycles, and what I believe to be a second bottom forming now. That puts me in good stead for the next time Bitcoin shoots up parabolically

I'm not only talking about the chart, but also sentiment I think too many opinions based on price prediction are centred around TA, when realistically, there will come a time when TA doesn't matter one bit

Personally, I think BTC's movements in the future will be read better by understanding maths, or by listening to people who have ...seen this all before, which is why I put a lot more weight into people’s opinion than someone drawing lines on a chart

The whole "we only have a sample size of 2" argument for the halving is also moot. It's all we have to go off. It's a 10 year old asset And again, it's centred more around maths than price behaviours on a chart, particularly when you consider the landscape of the asset as a whole now, compared to say 2016 or 2012

Nobody really knows what is going to happen, but "OGs" have a better inclination than Twitter and Reddit The same way that Angelo can tell you to buy liquidations below $8,000, is the same way you'll be able to tell when to sell at the top next time, and then when to rebuy after that top is put in and a bottom is formed. That experience is priceless. Living through the trades and going through the emotions is what gives you that knowledge, and why I always say forward testing is better than back testing when it comes to trading.


No comments:

Post a Comment