Monday, April 27, 2020

"Déjà vu like" gut feeling about a near future experience.

As anyone ever had like a weird feeling as if something was meant to happen? I have 2 instances of something major that has happened to me where I had a weird feeling, a warning of some sort, deep inside of me that hit me like a lightning strike before it actually occurred... I don't really know what it means because those 2 events still have the consequences unfolding to this day.

The first occurrence was a normal day of school 4 years ago(15yo), I didn't feel like going to class in the morning, so I only got up at 12pm and went to the afternoon classes. As I walked to school, I remembered being fed up about life and dreading the years to come having to go to school and then It hit me like that... a strange gut feeling telling me to invest in crypto currency. Strange because I never thought about investing and I knew little about crypto (it was pre 2017 crash). To make the story short, I made over 100k $ but lost it due to gambling. I learned my lesson and I look forward to get back into it. Back then it didn't feel weird, I thought this idea must have been because of my subconscious like seeing a news article talking about bitcoin or something. But it started bothering me because of the second instance of this exact same feeling two years later (17yo).

For the second one, I want to start off by saying I have a terrible memory in general so it makes it even more weird. This happened again, on a normal summer vacation day thousands of km of where I used to live. I was shopping at a Walmart with my mom and I got hit with the same uneasiness from my gut after seeing a girl for like 15 seconds max. For some reason this short encounter has been buried in my brain, her face, her tattoos, her height, hair. You see hundreds of people a day and you never remember their faces... but not this one. Why is that?? Anyways, fast forward to earlier this year (late 2019), the first job I get after moving to the town in question, she's my coworker. Weird coincidence, I tell myself then. Again to make it short, we got into a relationship and she was my first girlfriend but it was short lived. It was bitter-sweet because the relationship itself was toxic but the unusual turn of events that happened because of it made a path for myself that changed me for a better person.

I used to be insecure, lost and unsure about my future, but I feel like this "force" I guess I can call it, made me certain about my path, like it was meant to be. Even though I'm at my absolute low in life right now, I never felt more certain of my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment