Sunday, April 19, 2020

Help. Please I am freaking out. Have I been hacked. I noticed the name of the shortcut to my tor browser was the first three characters of my electrum password!?!?

Installed tor about a week ago as well as electrum the crypto wallet just the desktop based version where I have the seed key.

For anonymity reasons I had my electrum crypto wallet set to only connect to the Internet through proxy with tor. I don’t know if that’s the right terminology but I googled a tutorial and clicked the right settings. If I do not have the tour browser open the electrum wallet is not online

Strange thing is my bitcoin I had in the wallet was fine.

I recall when I first downloaded tor. There wasn’t a solo shortcut to tor there was a file on my desktop with the shortcut in it called tor browser if that makes sense.

Could it be some sort of strange computer glitch just for this shortcut to be created when I set up the Internet proxy with tor on electrum. I do not recall it being there when I first downloaded tor.

I assume if I was hacked it would have had to have been through tor. Which I would think means this possible hacker could have had access to my password perhaps by watching me type it in if that makes sense at all or if that’s possible.

I installed my electrum wallet before installing tor. So I believe if I really was hacked the reason I still have my bitcoins is because he does not have access to my crypto key.

I’m not the most computer savvy this is just what I theorize I’m not sure though.

My bitcoins are safe and I have transferred them and I’m in the process of changing all of my passwords from a different device I honestly don’t know what to do to fully remove any sort of possible threat.

Is there anyway I can use event viewer on windows to perhaps see when a shortcut for a browser was changed?

This doesn’t make sense at all did they just not have the means to really do anything so they just decided to mess with me? If he somehow found out my password that means he could’ve found out other passwords. He wouldn’t from my understanding have been able to remotely steal my btc because he would have needed my key which is encrypted.

But say I logged into something else he could’ve done some serious damage.

This doesn’t make sense I don’t know what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment