Saturday, May 2, 2020

M21GlobalCenter - cryptocurrency website (It may be a SCAM)

I'm making this post as I'm receiving alot of DMs about my situation as people encountering the same thing. I'm very new to this - did alot of searches etc. so this is what I did that may help some people and I did get my money back. I also could be lucky in that they thought if they returned it I might invest more? It wasn't a large amount, I put in 250AUD and got it back. Lost $2 from like transaction fees etc. I'm thinking if I put in more than 250AUD like thousands - perhaps they would just take the money and not respond at all? I'm not sure but here's my two cents worth.

The potential SCAM website is: https://www.m21globalcenter.com

  1. If you have just made a deposit - call your bank now and talk to them about this. Is there anything they can do to cancel the transfer or something.
  2. Some people have file police reports too.
  3. Also report the profile on the social media website if you haven't so. I couldn't as I deleted my CMB account one day after I added them on Whatsapp. I got tired of it all so just decided to take a break from it.
  4. Block them on Whatsapp or Instagram after you have attempted to get your money back. If they message you asking how you are going etc. I still replied so they aren't suspicious that I found out they are scammers.

Background:

I liked a profile on Coffee meets bagel and they liked me back and then started chatting away. Long story short - he introduced me to M21globalcenter and guided me how to deposit, buy and sell.

The deposit required my passport or license to verify who I was - I did a quick google search and some avenues do required that. So I did that. Deposit was successful the next day.

So the next day he guided me through the buy and sell - so he guided me to purchase USDT using the 250AUD I deposited and then he taught me how to trade it to earn. I think that's what happened Lol. Anyway so I saw that I earned some small increment on my account.

So obviously later his conversation always turned to persuading me to go to this website to do more investments etc. so I told him I will stop for a bit and check out other platforms. Then he said alright you can withdrawal anytime if you want to stop and talk to chat support for assistance. So that's where I didn't block him nor talked to him anymore. Its only then I did a reverse image on his photos (profile pic) his using some one else's photos from Instagram. So I didn't block him yet but didn't want to alarm him in case his scam team may decide to do something to my money or details etc. I contacted my bank and made an note with them.

Withdrawal

I didn't go back to ask him how I can withdraw even though he said if I have trouble I can ask him. I went to the webpage to explore a bit and they had two ways on the webpage to withdrawal. One is the "withdrawal funds" page. This will ask for your bank details and its submitted as a request. I didn't know how to use the other withdrawal at that time so I resorted to this one first - however I got back a email saying that I had filled things out wrong. So I went on to ask chat support and they said to give them those details over chat support and that I filled the information wrong. Then I stopped because the info I gave was correct. I'm guessing they couldn't work out which was my bsb and account number so I guess the platform's withdrawal form is just poorly formatted to just entering your bank account number. Being skeptical I went to check out option number 2 in a bit more detail.

Withdrawal fund page

Option 2 is "withdraw" link under "asset management"

Select your currency that you had purchased e.g. I purchased USDT - under this page for me, all other cryptocurrency such as bitcoin, ETH if I click into it, it all says withdrawal suspended. I don't know whether its related to time of the day? Some times the page is open to those withdrawals.

So if I select USDT I should see this:

Withdrawal address is your digital wallet address

So then I was like okay I have no idea what that is...lol then I went to chat support and ask about this withdrawal address and they were like oh, you better off to withdrawal through the withdrawal form because its much quicker and just insisted I use the withdrawal fund form instead of this. Anyhow I closed chat and went to do more googling.

Then I figured out how to use this and enter the "withdrawal address". I must have a digital wallet so I went to download EXODUS according to reviews and also some redditors comments of it. This withdrawal address is the code or link or what ever you want to call it, its like your bank account number for your digital wallet.

Once downloaded, just follow through the sign up process. Then you can proceed with the sending and receiving cryptocurrencies. HOWEVER! you need to also have some ETH currencies in exodus because they charge a small transaction fee for sending or receiving fees.

How did I get ETH into Exodus?

I signed up to coinspot - as I'm based in Australia and they take AUD so to avoid international transaction fees etc. I used their platform to purchase $10 of ETH. The purchased ETH is stored on the coinspot's digital wallet on the website.. So I sent the ETH from coinspot to my exodus wallet using the "withdrawal address" as requested when you are sending or receiving cryptocurrency. Now just in hindsight - I could have just sent the USDT to coinspot wallet instead. Anyhow this is my first time so I'm kinda all over the place with this.

So once that's all set up. I went back to M21globalcenter and copied my exodus "withdrawal address" into the relevant section and waited. So in the mean time as I didn't get the cryptocurrency in the next few days - I went to exodus support team and asked how long does it normally take and explained to them what I encountered. They mentioned that M21 is most likely a custodial platform where they operate through banks hence the transactions taking longer is a normal occurrence. They also encouraged me to go back to M21 support to ask them how long it would take for the money to go into the digital wallet. So I did - initially I was really reluctant to do so because I was sure I'm not gonna get the money back but worth the shot I guess.

I went back to M21 chat support and ask them how long it would take for the withdrawal to a digital wallet should take and they kept going back to saying use the withdrawal fund request form like a broken record. But I insisted no, I wanted it digital so then they said they cannot give me a time frame because it depends on when they process it and whether they approve of it. Anyhow just like 5 minutes after this conversation - I got the USDT in my exodus wallet.

Then I transferred the USDT to coinspot wallet and then withdrew funds on the coinspot and got it back $258AUD in the next few days in my bank account. ($250 +$10 ETH I put into Exodus minus $2 dollars transaction fees here and there)

Hope this helps

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment