Tuesday, December 1, 2020

An update from me

Man, I'm tired. I should sleep soon.

I applied to jobs recently. I can't keep paying for a FlexJobs subscription, but many of the same jobs are on WeWorkRemotely. For one of the jobs, I was told that they'd keep the job for people more qualified. For another, I was told to only continue if I was serious about writing. Given how difficult this semester's English class has been for me, I didn't continue with the qualification test. After completing this English class, I'll never have to take another one. I heard back from a third job and they'd "like for me to move forward," so yesterday, I completed some terms questionnaire.

It has to be part-time and it has to be low wage given that I need to stay on my benefits as things currently are. My benefits allow me to keep my apartment and to get relief from federal student loans. It also allows me to keep getting my medication, which I need in order to keep the apartment and to complete probation.

What I did to get in prison was insanity. I'm still reeling from the trauma of the My Little Pony and Nintendo fandoms. In the My Little Pony, they recited "Join the herd." They'd try to recruit people into their mentality. If that isn't messed up, I don't know what is. People thought that I was worshipping the voice actors. No, I wasn't. I was trying my hardest to keep myself together.

These fandoms have people who they vilify. There was this game development personality named Chris Hecker who referred to the Nintendo Wii has "two Gamecubes duct taped together." Thus, he was a sworn enemy of the Nintendo elite. Then, there's this financial analyst named Michael Pachter, who enjoys being a sworn enemy of the Nintendo elite. I refer to people with that Nintendo fandom mentality as "the Nintendo elite."

People had attended those events that I had attended not based on what WOULD happen, but on what COULD happen. At the Nintendo store in Manhattan, there kept being these "rumors" that Japanese executives might show up. I'm still reeling from all that I went through.

My car can't be delivered tomorrow, it seems. Things have been slow after the Thanksgiving weekend. It'll be delivered soon, though. I got the title today. My mother does not know that I purchased a car. I would've spent the refund on Bitcoin. I've posted plenty on here about how I had what's now equal to well over $20,000 in Bitcoin, but I just couldn't take it all. Maybe, I COULD'VE done all that I've done since building the PC with just the 2013 business laptop that I bought for $20. The PC has made things so much easier, so much more pleasant, so much more comfortable, so much simpler, so much more accessible, and so much more convenient, though.

I was going crazy in here and I just played video games on this PC. They really do pass the time well. Once I'm actually playing them, though, they feel so stupid to me. I mean, I was at this special needs school from 2000 to 2004 and so many of the students there were loyal to Nintendo. It was surreal. My family defined me as Nintendo. It felt awful to be defined like that. All the psychiatric, special education, and social work employees who I had been forced to be around had defined me like that, too. I couldn't escape it. It developed further and further. Eventually, I was going to official events and I was referred to as "the face of Nintendo." What I was doing just wasn't right, though. I had felt so sick.

I can't do brain stuff all the time. There's something that's perpetuated by the media that if you avoid all sexual thought and action and you don't immerse yourself in things like video games, then you'll achieve so much. I can't do brain stuff all the time, though. I've tried. It doesn't work for me. My mother takes me for drives nearly every day because of how well those drives work for me.

My work for the semester is almost completely over. It took a lot from me, but I'm all caught up in LabSim for my Windows Server class. I had to avoid the videos. I wouldn't be able to complete the class if I'd watch all the videos. I have just one more class until I graduate and get my associate's degree. Hands-on labs will be performed on campus.

A car was something that I had wanted badly, by the way. I tried financing on Carvana and I didn't have enough to make the down payment. I tried financing on Vroom and I didn't have a high enough income to qualify. Those websites don't accept debit cards, by the way. I had ended up buying a car on eBay. I'll see how this'll all work out.

I'm also selling my GPD Win 2, a palmtop Windows PC. Someone has already bid on it. The GPD Win 3 has been announced. It's crowdfunding campaign is currently scheduled to start in January. Right now, the i7 model will be exclusive to the crowdfunding campaign. The new design has its critics with people saying that its imitating a Nintendo Switch. I can see that with the placement of the gaming controls. To me, it's more like an ultra-mobile PC that ran Windows XP or Vista. With GPD, their crowdfunding campaigns are like preorder sales. I might want to save the money that I'll get from selling my GPD Win 2 for any car repairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment