Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Observations

Jending here again, with a few observations. Just got off of work, and had a few drinks, so thought I'd submit a crazy post. It's the end of a crazy year, so no better time, right? Anyway, here we go.....

I've been here long enough to know my way around. I've had issahodl say a few prayers for me; I've experienced the saltiness of sunnyhappygal; I've interacted with Papa Raketenernie, from one father to another. I've seen Kevin come, and go, and come back again, and I think everyone here agrees we're all better off because of it. It's a great group of people - very unique - and as I've said so many times before, I think we should all consider ourselves lucky to be part of such a vibrant engaging community.

Need further proof? Check out this thread before the SEC's terms were announced October 20. Casualbob started it, from the uk, and at the time, no one even knew if KIN was going to survive. Damn thing reminded me of the Titanic, before going down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KinFoundation/comments/jek31a/good_luck_everyone/

Now come on! Nelson Mandela? Dylan Thomas? Try finding that in a Ripple thread!

Anyway, I don't find the time to post too often. Work, kids, family life - it all consumes most of my days and nights. But I thought I'd share a few things I learned this year.....

  1. Anyone who's interested in buying (or selling) old-shool gangster ERC-20 KIN, it's still available on a website called Yobit.net. The ETH deposit address gives it away. Link is here:

https://yobit.net/en/trade/KIN/BTC

It's a sketchy Russian exchange; I'm always worried 2FA is going to lock me out, but I've never had a problem buying, selling, depositing, or withdrawing. KIN/USD is also available, but volume is slim. There is a withdrawal fee of 300,000 KIN - about $15, these days - so please consider that. Also note, 8.03 BTC will buy you more than 800,000,000 ERC KIN! Who still has that to sell? How? Why? No idea. But it's how I stumbled upon KIN in the first place, believe it or not, so there's that.

2) If any potential investor is scrolling through here and is still hung up over KIN's 10 Trillion Total Supply, please consider the following facts:

The current Circulating Supply is far less - currently around 1.5 Trillion. Before the switch to the Solana Blockchain, this link simply posted the number - not sure if it still applies.

https://stats.kininfrastructure.com/kin-in-circulation/

After the SEC ordeal, we know KIK Interactive (CODE) still controls 3 Trillion, and Kin Foundation's Kin Rewards Engine (KRE) has the other 5.5. CODE must notify the SEC before they do anything with theirs, and the KRE will continue to distribute theirs to various Apps. I know Papa Rake has a problem with the KRE distribution, but I have faith in those guys. As KIN becomes more popular, they will reduce the awards to keep the price bouyant. Remember the Bitcoin Faucet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6vsmyu/the_original_bitcoin_faucet_used_to_give_away_5/

They were giving it away before it was popular! At least the KRE makes you earn (a lot) of it.

3) I know people are excited with the possibilities of Coinbase and Binance listing KIN. I am too; believe me, I've suffered because of current exchange listings. But my focus is on another partner - PayPal.

Back in November, I noticed they weren't listing XRP because of possible SEC trouble.

https://blog.milliondollarpage.biz/paypal-decides-not-to-support-xrp-here-is-why-herald-sheets/

Now that KIN has cleared the SEC hurdle, I'm hoping PayPal will list it. I don't know if they will; I have no information they're even considering it, but those big boys don't play. They have armies of lawyers, advisors, consultants, etc. trying to figure out how to make the most money while avoiding legal trouble. To them, KIN must look a lot more attractive than Ripple's coin.....also Telegram's coin, and Facebook's coin, and damn near every other coin there is!

Telegram tried to get past the SEC, but didn't.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-146

Facebook tried to get past the SEC, but didn't.

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-libra-might-not-ever-launch-concedes-firm

Well, mighty little KIN did!

https://www.coindesk.com/kik-sec-settlement

To paraphrase sunnyhappygal: Pay five million bucks, which is covered by insurance, give notice before messing with your 3 trillion, and that's it! Carry on with the project! We've run the gaunlet and survived!

Crazy turn of events. Personally, I think KIN was going to win - and everyone knew it. I listened to the oral arguments; those Cooley lawyers were slick. They clearly emerged with a victory. Problem was, the SEC couldn't lose; if they did, they'd lose all control over future ICO's. So I think they negotiated a deal - OK, what terms will you accept for a summary judgement. This is pure speculation on my part, of course - I have no evidence - just my opinion.

  1. Recently, KIN's price has spiked, but it's trading in a closed ecosystem. I think the price is artificial, and until our exchanges enable deposits and withdrawals, we won't know the true price of KIN on the Solana blockchain. But get this, even now, $6,000 will get you more than 100,000,000 KIN, (a few months ago, it was $600 ) and that's good enough to rank you as one of the top 1,000 holders IN THE WORLD! Check it:

https://kinview.surge.sh/accounts

That's unbelievable! We 're like 2010 Bitcoiners!

  1. Most of this post has been positive; that was intentional, because I believe in the KIN project. I believe in how far it has come; I believe how far it can go. But the Solana move has me worried. Why? Back in April, I noticed this.

https://cryptocoindaddy.com/solana-unlocks-11-3-million-sol-tokens-secretly/

Then, in October, this:

https://medium.com/kinblog/kin-pushing-ahead-next-steps-on-the-migration-to-solana-aa412b5adb1d

I hope Solana is everything it claims to be; I hope KIN is faster than ever, as reliable as ever, as attractive to potential partners as anything that has ever been. But I guess, I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyway, it's been quite a year. This is simply a summary I thought I'd share as I sip on my Jim Beam (Black) and Coke. See you on the flipside.....

Jending


No comments:

Post a Comment