Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Looking for some advice as a 2 year noobie who is now paying attention again after the recent growth.

So to summarise, I put £100 into bitcoin late 2018 after that first big spike. I made a coinbase account and bought it on there, and then kind of left it and forgot about it. Now after the last couple of weeks events I checked and it had doubled since then.

I'd definitely consider myself more interested now and I can see the hope it brings for the future so I'm keen to invest into this more.

I'm looking for advice on what to use for this though. I've heard quite a lot of negative things about coinbase, and even the last couple of days I've had issues logging in and stuff (fine though currently). If I'm looking to buy say, £500 more soon, should I move away from coinbase?

I see references to 'wallets' and stuff but I would still be quite passive in that I just want to leave some money in there for some more years and see what happens. Is there for example, a better alternative to coinbase I should use? If so, what is the process for changing over? Do I simply withdraw my money from there and then buy coins on whatever the new platform is to the same value?

Sorry, completely new to this all still and just trying to find my feet! Been lurking this subreddit for a few days now and piecing things together slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment