Tuesday, February 16, 2021

213 days ago I posted that my credit score went above 700 for the first time. What’s happened since

When I first made that post, I had no idea I’d watch a video and that video would lead me to more research, and that research would lead me to planning the 2-3 years of my credit life in a few months. I then BLEW DOWN my credit score all in a calculated move —absolutely no one should mimic—. And I may be broke again. But I’m going for prosperity, if I end up broke again, been there, it sucks. I don’t want to face it again, but I can.

Shortly after my post, in the comments actually, I was approved by Amex for a credit line. A month after that I was approved by discover. I now had 20,000 in a credit limit with no intention to use it. Then one morning I was scrolling Twitter, and came across a video of the winklevoss twins talking to Dave portnoy about bitcoin. I’ve heard of it, but never really looked into it. He bought a million dollars on the spot.

So I started looking into bitcoin. YouTube, news etc, turns out there’s a cycle that follows every halving event. We’d just had a halving. Then fidelity said “bitcoin would be $1,000,000 per coin by 2029” thats 100x on returns. So I figured out how to start buying some. I started working more. Literally. I was working 50 hours a week at jimmy johns. And driving Uber 25 hours on the weekends. I had thanksgiving day off, and Christmas. Couldn’t even visit family due to covid.

So how does credit factor in, well I made the decision to start living off of credit cards. And that the cards would sustain me until March. But my car had 190,000 miles and my credit score was still great at this point. So I bought a new used car.

It should be noted I also have an eBay store that depending on effort can generate $4-5000 a month. The effort isn’t great but it’s a solid 15 hours a week of packing and listing research etc on top of all the work, and it’s kind of my last ditch money.

I then used the cash advances from the credit cards to buy btc. And put every tip from deliveries and uber ride into crypto. For five months I had 2 days off. 70-85 hours a week.

Last week I quit my Jimmy Johns job. It no longer made sense to earn $400 a week for 50 hours when I make (or lose) $10,000 in a day.

I bet huge. And currently I’m in waaaaaauyyyyyyy more debt than ever. And I can pay off every penny and still be up more money than I’ve ever had or could conceive of having. But why would I pay off the debt at 20% apy when I’m making 30% apm?

I could still lose huge any day. I’m playing a very risky game, and if I lose, fuck it, I tried. I still have my two cars, and I still owe everything. But my housing is secure. And my future transportation is secure.

Oh and thru all this, I’ve made 1 purchase over $100. AirPods. I’m still sleeping on a old bed, and have almost all free furniture from people moving.

I don’t care about nice things. I have two goals. Buy my mom a house. And then buy myself a house. In that order.


No comments:

Post a Comment