Saturday, February 6, 2021

Been out for two weeks, what did I miss?

This number going up thingie we're into triggered obsessive behaviour in me, as I don't understand why it's happening and I want to know.

I am not anti-cryptocurrency at its core, but every day I hate more and more the current ecosystem surrounding it. Bitcoin being so large when it should be obsolete, new currencies spawning everyday, the whole DeFi thing that I don't understand, the extreme shortage of graphics cards hoarded by miners, and the current trend on building layers upon layers and turning what should be decentraliced into a collection of walled gardens controlled by traditional companies. And the number keeps going up and up and up.

I posted a lot here until I even got the "I'm a moron" badge (why?), and I decided to quit from all this stuff. Yesterday i got exposed to crypto talk from some coworkers and I bit the hook again.

I tried to get up to date, and so far I learned that:

-Michael Saylor held a conference about butts to a lot of CEOs that seem to be interested. -VISA wants to also be a butt-enabler somehow like paypal -Ether broke the 2018 ATH and now it's unusable due to high fees and stuff, but it will be fixed soon (tm) with scaling solutions

Looks to me that this number going up event didn't take everyone by surprise like 2017's and everyone was ready to sell the shovels to the gold miners this time... So, what's been going on?


No comments:

Post a Comment