Saturday, February 13, 2021

Lost btc usa taxes help :(

Hi everyone so i think im in a big mess. ive been into bitcoin since 2017 buying most of the time and ive never reporting anything on my taxes since ive been holding since 2017. after moving a couple of times i lost the usb with wallet information and no sign of the notebook i had my seed in either. Fast forward to today and my un smart ass dicided to start buying coins once again but this time switching btc to alt coins which is a taxable event in the usa. Alot of videos talk about getting taxed from the old coin to the conversion to alt coin . Im a basically screwed out since the price of btc is drastically different from 2017 :( and i dont have funds to back me up if the irs thinks i still have a hold of that old coin from 2017. Im honesty lossing my head here the closer i get to wanting to file my taxes and i im basically lost at this point. Am i able to just tax the gains/losses of the coins i started using now ?


No comments:

Post a Comment