Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Possible Forex scam - help needed

Hi,

I need advice on the possible Forex scam. It all started in early November, when I was contacted by a guy claiming to be the representative of fxmarketsgroup.com. I was skeptical at first, but the guy knew my e-mail address (somehow, I can't remember even visiting that page). Sure, I was interested in investing, but not Forex specifically and I don't leave my e-mail addresses hanging anywhere.

So the guy kept calling and informing me about a multitude of financial events that can be invested in, and experiences that he had with other clients. I got convinced, and I agreed to this. He said I can invest in different kind of instruments, currency pairs, gold etc - all of which was totally new for me, but the webpage looked convincing.

He then ordered me to put up the account on their page and make a deposit. Not long after, I was contacted by another guy, the "platform manager" who was assigned to my account. He showed me how to use the platform, though this was really just provisional as he only told me how to open positions and close them, and how to (more or less) read the diagrams, no word about anything else, and there is much, much more to these trading platforms than that, such as "take gain" or "cut losses".

The deposit was in BitCoin (which I didn't understand because the webpage had a deposit interface) and then they just transfered the amount I paid for that small bit of BitCoin in EUR to my trading account, which was not demo, but... Live!

Obviously, I was so overwhelmed I didn't see the problem. It was only after the things started to go wrong (notably, I had considerable losses on my positions) that I started to question everything. The guy said I have to invest more to improve the security level of the account, or else it will close if it drops below 30% - and it could, because their campany would give you credit resources that you could use as a reward, but if they decided an account was dangerous, they could withdraw it and you would be left with nothing, basically.

Since I wanted to benefit from this and doubled the amount I invested, I invested another 1000 EUR. Only to be told by that guy that it was not enough and I have to invest another 1000. I turned off my phone and managed the account myself, managing the resources and ultimately saving the entirety of the account.

Then I turned the phone back on only to be contacted by that furious platform manager who said I'm unprofessional and etc. I came up with trading strategy and I followed it strictly, until the guy recommended me three disastrous positions which led me to ruin and made me lose almost everything. He said, obviously, that the way out of this is more deposit, and more account security. I didn't have that money, so I decided to cut losses. The guy shouted at me that I shouldn't have decided to invest if I didn't have means to protect what I earned, to which I said the person that engaged me into this knew that and they didn't have a problem with that. After I stated firmly I will not deposit, the guy calmed down and told me to wait few days, because maybe the situation turns around. In the end, the situation was bad enough I closed all these lossy positions and requested the withdrawal of what was left, which was not much, but still, I had the right to it.

Yesterday though, another guy contacted me and said I qualify for the guarantee fund, but there were two conditions - I have to pay 1100 EUR more and make 8 small transactions on "safe markets". Apparently this is supposed to be an anti-money laundering practice, that's what he said. To a question why I can't withdraw what was left, he didn't respond clearly. Only babbling something about fines that could be put on them by European Union and that I might be persecuted for that too, even though it was me who suffered losses. The guy babbled something which sounded like I have to lose everything I invested for them to be clear! Then he said I made a mistake investing into currency pairs and I should have headed into companies instead. In general, they all made it look like everything that occured was my fault.

Then I started to search for advice, because I started to have serious doubts, and then noticed that all this is very common for the scam.

So what should I do? Should I fight for what was left? How should I communicate with these bastards?

I should also mention they call from multiple numbers from different countries, and google does not index them. They also appeared on ForexRev website as fake broker.

All advices and opinions pretty much welcome. I am sick to death dealing with them :(


No comments:

Post a Comment