Sunday, February 7, 2021

The product of my time

When I woke up, oblivious about my 24th birthday, the day had gone by as another reason why God should finally end my miserable life by tragic accident. The only way I knew I've turned 24 was when my mom texted "Happy Birthday!" When I realized I've lived 24 years, it hit me.

I wasted 5 years of my life to get a worthless degree.

I am $50k in debt for said degree.

I have been unemployed for a year.

I hated the jobs I've occupied

I don't have any skills

I would have to get a low-paying entry-level job

I would never be able to enjoy life with said job

I am told bUt iT iS bEtTeR fOr YoUr fUtUre!

I notice how the middle-aged people who tell me this are in debt themselves with no savings

I notice how the people telling me to work are fat, boring and miserable themselves

I heard, FFS, my 80-year old grandmother tell me that working into her 70's was a mistake

I notice the people with success have exceptional qualities which I don't posses

I notice the people with success have unique upbringings which I did not have

I get see God smiling on other people while giving me the finger

I get to be told how I am a white privileged male

I get to eat shit for being white with none of positives because I'm Turkish-Slav who looks white

I get to listen to my grandparents tell me what a fuck-up I am

I get to listen to my parents tell me what a fuck-up I am

I get to listen to my younger brother tell me what a fuck-up I am

I get to listen to other people not interreacting with me as a silent way of saying what a fuck-up I am

I get to shut up, work hard, eat shit, pay my taxes and die early, forgotten with no family or money

I get to give all of my money I've earned to my parents who spend it on fuck-all

I get to see young people making bank working in the career field I got a degree for

I get to look for low-end career field jobs and still not get any

I get to be told that ANY job at this point will do

I, get this, am told that suicide is not an option since things will be better... for years now!

I get to be one of the countless people screwed over by the plights of their time

I'd be the one who lost everything during the Great Depression

I'd get polio, right before the vaccine was released

I'd end up in the front lines of a war after being conscripted against my will

I'd get killed by the Red Army after being labelled as a "Kulak"

I'd die of diabetes, just before insulin was first produced

I'd get lynched had I been black during Jim Crow

I'd be the one who survives WW1, then see all of my children die in WW2

I am antithetical to the Bitcoin millionaire, the teen whiz kid startup founder, the GME retard with diamond hands, the model citizen getting a six-figure job straight out of college, the people happy with their jobs, families, lives and themselves.

No, I am just another number which feeds a negative statistic from a soon-to-be bygone era.

I am a product of my time, so unfortunate that the events and happenings around me define and change who I am in a negative light.

There is nothing I regret and I owe nothing to anyone. My existence is a sad insult to a life of failure, I only am, to warn those who can.


No comments:

Post a Comment