Friday, February 19, 2021

Unpopular opinion: Bitcoin prices should be a set amount

Basically the title, set it to 500k or something idk.

Linking the price to IRL prices is such a cool fucking idea and I love it. However it will be impossible to balance if you continuously balance the game to IRL price. I believe this will hurt those that haven’t the time or the means to play Tarkov more than say 3 hours a day, unless they already have the farm before the nerf to fuel. Making the entry to Bitcoin farm higher hurts those that are learning, those who start late and those who might take a break if they haven’t gotten to the Bitcoin farm. With the “chads” running Gucci load outs every run making questing, specifically the PVP quests and quests in high traffic areas much harder. As well as making it 3x harder to either buy, find or craft items needed to get the farm. (I’m not as against making the game harder as making the Bitcoin farm hella expensive, by this time every wipe most people who play the game day in day out are already running Gucci load outs every raid anyways)

Balancing the fuel to Bitcoin as its rising will work but it will cause a lot more effort on BSGs part to continuously update various prices, trades and stock for traders. As well as spawns of fuel and crafting materials. Now what happens when Bitcoin crashes? The devs would have to spend almost similar time (I’m assuming) to make changes to revert the nerfs.

An alternative could be BSG creates some form of preset configs for these spawns/trader stock and prices to fuel and crafting materials tuned specifically to what the current price is of Bitcoin. So say if Bitcoin is at 700k today they have everything in a preset from say 675k-725k all items effected would be these prices/spawn rates. If it drops below said value they implement settings created to the 625k-675k and so on. This is in the event they keep Bitcoin tied to IRL.

I’m not a game designer nor will I pretend to act like I know how game balance works. But I’m sure it could be easier to create the set price and balance around just that. Please forgive me if my thoughts are jumbled it’s been a long day at work, happy raiding boys.

Edit: I’m also curious to what others think would fix balance issues, me and my friends talk about it frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment