Wednesday, March 10, 2021

How am I supposed to verify the seed of my Trezor One?

Hello there, bitcoin nab here who's looking for help from anyone who's more experienced than me: last year I bought a Trezor One and I immediately transfered some coins over there, without even testing the 24 words that are supposed to be used to recover it elsewhere.

I would like to transfer some more funds over the Trezor and then let it sit for a while, but I'm scared that if *insert random catastrophic event* would occour I would not be able to recover my wallet.

I thought about returning the coins on the wallet to an exchange, reset somehow the Trezor, verify the seed, and then transfer everything back to the wallet, but this idea will probably cost me hundreds of dollar in fees and would take a whole day to be realized (most exchange require about 12 confirmations on transfers of coins like bch): isn't there a better alternative?

Thank you in advance for your help <3


No comments:

Post a Comment