Friday, April 16, 2021

Reflecting on Gensler's MIT Course

Since Gary Gensler is now the SEC chair and he has that MIT course on blockchains, I figured I'd watch his classes. In 2. Money, Ledgers & Bitcoin starting at about 41:43, he discusses ledgers and general ledgers. I got goosebumps when he says, "... the master ledger, or general ledger, at the Federal Reserve." I feel like I could sense that he knows that the beast needs vanquished. I'm eager to continue onward in the lecture series.

Bitcoin has really pulled me in recently. I've been hip since 2012, but throughout this past year have been many events that have compelled me to finally get off 0. Not just that I've bought in, but my spirit has heard a call to action I have never experienced before.

I've been so animated and inspired, but I'm wandering aimlessly. I want to learn programming so I can build tools and hopefully have a positive impact on our community, but am unsure where to begin. I have considered learning Python and have purchased a course on Udemy, but it feels inadequate. I've been discouraged recently because my progress feels hollow.

Is anyone aware of a resource I could utilize they found highly effective? I am more than happy to pay for knowledge, especially if it includes some level of active mentorship or a small group. I can learn on my own, but it's much easier if I don't have to go at it completely solo.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment