Monday, May 10, 2021

"When is the last time you had something a billionaire wanted to buy from you?" - The Masked Investor - to the young apes worried about X shares - YOU'RE ON THE RIDE WITH US.

I started in January. I felt the panic of missing out, and I did what I could to afford shares. The HFs get to cheat, we don't. It's our money. The bastards even mocked us, saying "they're on their phones, with their government checks" or something to that effect. No sir. I am using money I can't afford from a job I work hard at. I am not alone. We sacrifice because we believe in AMC theaters, because we know a good investment when we see it, and we want you to feel it for once. Not us, you. Welcome to the red, boys and girls. Cozy, isn't it?

So to you smaller apes, with X or XX shares, I want you to know that you have that many shares more than the rest of the sleeping world. The biggest financial event in a century (maybe, I know I like hyperbole) is about to happen and not very many have a clue, let alone a vested interest like you do. Congrats! This is that 'if I had only invested in Google in the 90s', or Microsoft, or FB, or bought Bitcoin for .05 cents a coin. Those moments are glaring to everyone in hindsight - but few saw it happen when it did.

You did. You caught one of those moments. You were smart enough, you had the discipline to stand firm in your read of the situation, the sacrifice to keep it going, the near-constant distraction because news is 24/7.

You're here. I can't speak for every ape, as each is an individual, but I know for sure I'm hodling. Your shares will be worth the same amount as mine. We've been packing for this ride for a long, long time. I'm not going to miss the party on the moon with the giant shrine of the Silverback and Trey.

1 share is a ticket to ride. Fractionals, if you're out there then you need this ride more than any of us and we'll seat you in the front of the rocket.

If we lift off without our GME brothers and sisters, we'll toss 'em a line. I have no doubt they'd do the same. Apes stronger together. Tendies taste best when every ape is eating.

All of the above was hyperbole and nothing more than one individual's impression. Everyone likes the stock for their own reason. We just have that in common.

Edit: Said brothers. Must include sisters. David Attenborough voice: "The females of the pack are often the meanest of the apes, as seen here as one hired a pilot to fly 'We're Not Leaving' over Citadel." Good lord, apes, we've come a long way, haha. A personal favorite moment was the drone and double agent spying late at night.

Edit: In hindsight, I may be amping up some new apes too much. Yes, I'm excited. Yes, it was a great day. However, I have been here, as so many others, when we got slammed down. It happens and it sucks. It'll suck less when you've been there before, and the only way to make it worse is if I set you up for it. Absolutely nothing has changed. We continue to do what we've always done, which coincidentally is the same buying and holding strategy we all seem to be fond of. It works for index funds, after all.

If we slam, it's okay. If we climb, it's great - really great. But now, no matter what, you know we can climb. You might not have seen that yet either, and that's an experience too. This is a tug-of-war, and has been. Remember, we used our own money. We went up against a damn machine. A literal computer trying to learn us and beat us. Infiltration 24/7 reading our posts. Let me tell you, as an Army vet, we absolutely fail communications/operations security. We spell it all out. We did learn a bit and started censoring share amounts, so, hey. We're trying to be better and that's awesome.

Anyway, all of that - and young apes new to the battlefield that is AMC stock - we're still winning.

Enjoy this day. Many more will come, even if they're far apart. Now you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment