Sunday, June 20, 2021

My daughter turned 12 yesterday. My gift was a crypto wallet.

My daughter and bitcoin were born in 2009. Just that by the time I was an ignorant 18 years old kid. And never spent even a dollar just to try and know what was that.

But my daughter changed my life. I know people often say that. But I feel it different. As soon as I became conscious of the fact that I was gonna be responsible for raising another human being, I also became conscious of the -reggaeton dancer, 0 books reader, ignorant father" that she was going to have. So I started my actual personal growth path. I started reading about psychology, my actual passion, I also started opening my mind.

As you could expect. Two (she) 20 and (myself) 18 Y/O people can't sustain a responsibility like that and their own relationship and self discovery at the same time. So after some years of failed attempts to make everything work (and me trying to forgive her cheating on me with a guy that was my friend since I was 4), we finally got "divorced" (never legally married).

Due to my country's laws (kinda the same in all the world), me, as a father count 0 and the custody goes directly to the mother (even tho my daughter has always shown a bigger interest in staying with me) and losing my job after some years was enough reason to stop me from seeing my daughter (no money, no father's rights) until I could find a job again.

That event changed the way I saw at things and realized that other that staying in my 3rd world country, working 10 hours for maximum $600 monthly just to be able to see my daughter wasn't enough and represented no security for her nor for me in the future.

So I took the hardest decision in my life (I still struggle at times to know if I took the correct one), if money was gonna be the reason for me not seeing my daughter. I was gonna migrate to a better place, make money and eventually provide my daughter with the possibility to also live in a better environment.

What make things really hard is knowing how my daughter suffers in there, she is asked to do the whole cleansing of their house. Now she takes care of her new sister the whole day; she is never permited to go outside and play a bit, nor call her grandma (my mother), nor see my family, nor nothing.

Last time she told me she is depressed and sometimes hurt herself.

Anyway just making story shorter. I decided to give her the tools to take full control of her life once she hits the age.

I bought some BTC, ADA, MATIC, BNB and ETH. All project I think are firm and have a nice future. Made a descentralized email for her, saved all of the passwords and seeds on paper, created a binamce account without KYC and started staking what I could over here.

Yesterday, when her mother went out, my daughter called me, I had the opportunity to congratulate her for her birthday. Explained her her gift and told her I will continue to put money in there until she reaches 18.

I will also give her a financial education whenever possible and then, let her regain the liberty that has been taken away from her.

The only person who knows the seed other than me, is my wife who in case I die, know my only desire is for my daughter to have a safe future, and will do all she can to do it if I'm not here anymore.

That's it. My daughter was so happy with her gift. I know her, and I knew she was gonna be so happy and excited, she loves everything new to her...

And after all, I had to repay her pushing me to be the person I am today.

Cryptocurrencies are our future's future.


No comments:

Post a Comment