Wednesday, August 18, 2021

What will happen if Satoshi dumps his 1 million Bitcoins?

This is a question I've always had on my mind and it's always glossed over as soon as it's bought up.

What would theoretically happen if he dumps his 1 million bitcoin in a given scenario? Where would that bring the price to? if an event like that ever occurs how do you expect people to? From Maxis to speculators. Will every see it as a rare opportunity to get Bitcoin at a discount or will be more devastating than that and cause distrust in the majority?

IMO aside from bears tripping over themselves to rub it in. I still don't see it going away, after all the fact that it can crash doesn't mean anything when nobody can pull the plug on it right? People can laugh and say I told you so but that doesn't remove the option of someone waiting to buy into an asset they believe again. Because it's run on nodes and not a server and because of that I don't see how it would have any lasting affect on Bitcoin.

That's my assessment on it, but please answer my question and feel free to correct my own reasoning for why it won't matter in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment