Tuesday, September 28, 2021

my girlfriends birthday is tomorrow and I don't have anything (or money to spare)

Tomorrow is my girlfriend's birthday. I'm unemployed and saving for our engagement ring. I live with my parents for now, and most of my money comes from stocks and bitcoin until I finish school. I know for a fact she'd buy me anything I wanted, as she already does give me amazing gifts.

We've talked about how I wish I could give the amount of stuff she's given me, and how I don't know how I could ever repay her, and it never hit me that bad till now.

She tells me she's excited about our engagement, and I'm sure being engaged is better than any birthday gift, but I still feel like she's gonna think, "wow, nothing but the usual.".

Normally, she tells me she understands, and that it's okay, but I know that nothing I could reasonably give to her could equate to the things she's bought me, and not even for any special event.

We love each other so much, and it crushes me that I can't get her anything. Also, my parents aren't too supportive of us, so no help there...


No comments:

Post a Comment