Monday, September 13, 2021

New Life, Wondering about the right moves?

(25m) Used to work at a large retailer for 7yrs left because of stress and employee harassment that they weren't handling properly although I didn't document as well as I've seen on some revenge subreddits. I may have never had to work again so for that I kinda kick myself. Nothing I can change at this point though probably. I definitely don't regret leaving, even though the money and the benefits were good but there was really no room to grow aside from other issues. Mainly because nobody really left the company and there wasn't many management positions.

I made 25$/hr as a top'd out employee in potentially the best department there was in the store. As far as assets go. I have a leased F-150 on my last payment this month. So a new vehicle is in order of which I want to buy what I would personally like as it would fit my lifestyle and personally I had a Ford Fusion which i bought when i was 20 but turned it in for the lease with 4000$ loss I had to roll over to the truck so my payment was higher. But that's done, my new truck would be almost double the payment. But I wouldn't be buying another vehicle for a LONG time. As its heavy duty and I'm willing to spend extra for protection Ex: (125,000 bumper to bumper warranty.)

More on assets I have 45K in my retirement account well diversified makes me 13% a year according to charts apparently. I have no other debt, except nominal CC think less 500$ usually even way less as I hate CC I just went to my Cabin with some stuff. I have my phone payment of 40$. No Subscriptions or anything else coming out besides food. I have 3k cash in my Account with with 5.5k technically in Crypto which is down to 2.5 but I have to doubt it will recover as it is internally tied to Bitcoin which personally I believe isn't going anywhere (No I will not debate it). So I believe I can get that back at some time maybe no profit but it will return to it base level. I have 3k coming from my side gig at the end of next month plus 3k+ coming from UE at some time luckily probably soon as my family has a friend in the agency.

I am searching for another job as I like to be a productive member of society an not a trash pile like some and also obviously money. I'm paying to have a resume crafted as I haven't done one since school and am probably shit at it, so I'll guess its worth it, since I was with this company since I left high school and never went to college. Although I'm good at tech and keep up with a lot of current events and knowledge as it was my job before I left and it what I like to do as a hobby.

Luckily as far as jobs go I live with a family member who is a decently high level manager a large corporation that I wouldn't mind working at and could potentially secure a gig at, in the industry that I would like to be in and it would basically be the intro to a beginning of a life career. Not that I'm basing my future around this one potential job but I think I have a good chance at it. I'm open to other jobs also that pay less as I know that I would take a pay cut even with said potential job when leaving as I had seniority and had worked the time to get the pay raises as it was time investment based raises.

So I guess my question is, I need a another vehicle to get around thats obvious and I told the story. My account manager did the math telling me what I would get if I cashed out my 401K which is 32k cash. 5 of which would go to vehicle as it literally required as they won't order it without it. Still leave me with many months of emergency fund. I still have side gig say 500~ month not payed on it tho more in a rotating cycle large sums potentially more soon. Will start to recontribute to another 401k(Roth) as soon as I get another job to get back on the train. As I know it important to retire.

I also have large assets from family (Multiple people) that will be more than likely passed down to me for reasons that are too long to explain here. (Again not that I'm counting on that either just that I have no siblings an family that have no children that are godparents to me and such that from what I understand will be given to me at some point long in the future.) So I don't necessarily feel scared long term just want to make the most of my life and enjoy certain things while I can.

Can I make it work? What the potential best move?


No comments:

Post a Comment