Sunday, March 27, 2022

My grandma's book club would be a DAO for Harmony?

I've been thinking about the state of "DAO"s on Harmony.

It seems like people don't understand what DAO's are at all, but trying very hard to come up with something and makes me think the whole "From a DAO" initiative will not be too successful.

Of course there are some great projects, but they are hard to find in the "noise".

Let me explan.

A DAO is a decentralized autonomous organization that was invented with blockchain and it's programmed.

What was the first DAO?

Bitcoin.

Why? Because there is no central point of failure, it's self sustaining, it's creator pretty much abandoned it and it still works. It's an organization of miners and coin users.

Creating a DAO is very hard. Mass production is impossible.

I wholeheartedly agree with on-boarding more users and there must be initiatives to do so, however calling everything a DAO is a mistake that makes the chain look bad imho.

I mean, just checking on harmony.one I see blu3dao,africaDAO, zkDAO,CreativeDAO, these are all providers of educational materials, maybe they create conferences and organize events, but they don't seem decentralized or autonomous, maybe just organizations.

Am I missing something here or the word DAO is used purely for marketing/ hype?


No comments:

Post a Comment