Monday, October 10, 2022

Divesting from the Big Banks via Kinesis Money

As we all know, the big banks hate us. The only reason they accept the existence of the little people is because they can line their pockets on our idiotic spending and slavery to their financial devices. Given that reality and the rise of (some new, some ancient) non-malevolent financial instruments (Bitcoin, metals, dirt) I am realizing that I need to walk the talk and divest myself from companies that support everything I despise.

So, my question is, with a pretty significant net worth spread over a variety of different banks and credit unions (plus real estate, PMs, crypto, etc.), does it make sense to take my cash assets out of the various small to very large institutions that are holding them and put the majority of my savings into something different like Kinesis money. I have a decent metals stack that I want to add a couple of hundred more ounces to, but if I put all of my money into physical metal storage and security would become untenable.

I really don't care about credit card rewards, I'm done with Paypal after I pay down my Credit transactions, and I'd ultimately like to simplify my financial life. Tell me why I should or shouldn't consider putting the majority of my "cash" into Kinesis and crypto and cutting up all of the credit cards other than maybe Home Depot.

The kicker is that I sold my house a couple of years ago and have been waiting for the market to cool in my area before buying something again. I do have some plans for another 20 acres and an off-grid home that will eat up some of the reserves. So, quick access to my money is crucial - another reason I don't want to put it all into physical silver/gold. It seems like Kinesis is the next best thing, especially since I would be minting a pretty significant amount of "coins."

The $25 fee to turn balance in my Kinesis account into USD in the event of a major purchase seems like a pretty tiny downside.


No comments:

Post a Comment