Saturday, December 14, 2019

Bitcoin as an emergency out-of-country piggy-bank?

Hi All, I live a country where we seem to be constantly on the verge of financial collapse. As a consequence, I want to keep some money outside of the country, or at least independent from our local currency in the event of a runaway devaluation of our currency. I don't have a lot of savings to move as a lump sum, so making a conventional off-shore account seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I've recently started looking into keeping some savings (just a small portion) as Bitcoin, and to contribute to my wallet regularly in an attempt to build up an emergency savings account that I can easily access and convert to other currencies locally as well as from other countries. I'm not looking to make a profit or investment, on the contrary I'm willing to accept some losses since its only purpose is to serve as an emergency piggy-bank independent from my country's economy. Is there some aspect of this I'm missing or not fully thinking through? Or is this a viable approach?


No comments:

Post a Comment