Saturday, December 14, 2019

Give the people a place to start doing their own research and verify / a lame excuse for delay in content

"Do your own research and verify"

That is the purpose of this sub. Bitcoin is a controversial topic. My family and close friends don´t get it. I held a presentation two years ago for coworkers about Bitcoin at work when the hype started to take off mid 2017. It was 2 hours long and I just scratched the surface of it all.

It is hard enough to keep track of and understand Bitcoin and what is happening in this space as someone who mined his first coins in 2011. I have a page long list of links that lead me to historically important posts, comments, and events that played a significant role in explaining why we are here today.

There is people in this space who keep track of what has been going on. Who have been collecting links, archiving them, reposting it every once in a while on various subs. That is admirable. But if you are not online and active in the sub at the moment these links get reposted, you will miss them.

So what about creating a hub that will have just one purpose: To collect, organise and share links to historically important controversial topics surrounding Bitcoin?

This is what I want to create. Why is Bitcoin so controversial today and when did it start? Why is Bitcoin Cash a controversial fork? Why does Segwit2X heat up emotional verbal fights? Why does /bitcoin censor and ban so many users?

There is a lot to talk about and link to.

Unfortunately, I have a pretty fullfilling life. It might not seems that way since from the day I created this account shortly after the BCH fork, I have been online here basically every day. But I have to admit that real life is important, and I am having trouble to do everything I wanted to do.

So. Please be patient. This sub will have rules, a faq, and first content soon.

If you stumbled upon this sub and have a list of links that you would like to share, please send me a PM.

cheers,

grmpffffffff


No comments:

Post a Comment