Saturday, November 28, 2020

When gambling works...

I entered the market with a 1500 bucks in oct 2017. it went slowly down for a few years while I sat on bags of shitty penny stocks I was sure would moon some day. mvis, bpmx who the fuck knows. was in vegas for an industry show and not in the mood to gamble so I opened a robinhood account and bought whatever meme stock was around then.

When Covid happened I had about 700 bucks in the account and was looking at virus research. I then realized mrna was cheap and I opened up robinhood. Ithought their vaccine tech was awesome. I have a phd in a different field, but I know all science pretty well. Covid was a black swan event and I played my account up to 3500 or so over a few months.I had paper hands and jumped out way too soon on most of my plays. But I learned along the way. Then tech stocks fizzled and I jumped out of bio on some dips and did not know how to reenter or how high they could eventually go. I was lost for a while and then started trying to jump on short squeezes and time my exit. This turned out to be very profitable. I recently moved to looking at spacs because they have so little downside and so much potential upside.

I have focused on short time frame swing trades on low cap meme stocks. I do half assed tech analysis and take deep dives looking into the companies that I trade. but I really just try to figure out what stock internet will pump and get in before it blows up to high and out before it tops. Worst part is my paper fucking hands. So many positions I jumped out of after 5 to 7% retracement only to see it moonshot next week hundreds of percent. Not regret, but a good lesson, there is some serious money to be made. I understand oscillations so much better now and it has helped me not sell through normal dips.

I have a retirement account. I dont fuck with that. This is gambling through and through. I have taken some profits to pay off my initial investment (lol), a small home equity loan, and a project jeep I set aside a few years ago. I now have this 14.5k to turn into something. I am putting a big chunk of my account in ARK ETFs and using the other for high risk trades de jour. You can see my positions in the post. I was in crypto last week hoping for bitcoin to moon, but I jumped out as it could not break 19k. I dont understand options enough to trade them.

https://preview.redd.it/v4t5dkete3261.jpg?width=1150&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5492d205c439792f40b6bb22c5648bd11178445c


No comments:

Post a Comment