Monday, March 1, 2021

Donate Bitcoin Tax free to my kids savings (NL)

Hi all,

With the Stock to Flow model from PlanB (S2FX), institutions now buying bitcoin and initiatives like Strike from Jack Mallers, I firmly believe the purchasing power of bitcoin will grow against fiat money as USD/EUR etc for the next decade.

As I am a parent of 3 kids and living in the Netherlands, I have an option to donate Tax Free a gift to my kids of around 5,000 EUR annually. I want to give my kids BTC for their own savings. It should be their ownerships. Hopefully BTC will increase in value over the next 15 years and by the time my kids need to study or want to buy a house, they can use their small amount of BTC for this purpose. If I would keep the BTC for myself for the next 15 years and give the BTC (or fiat money equivalent) when my kids are adults it would most likely be more than the tax free amount, making it a taxable event which I want to prevent.

I am very curious if more people have this idea and how to document this Tax Free gift in such a way that future (in ~15 years) Taxable events/payments can be prevented.

My current thinking is that I buy three ledgers, donate the BTC with a (todays) value below 5,000EUR and write and sign a statement that this donation was done on a specific date to my kids on a specific address (which would be traceable in 15 years).

Looking forward to your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment