Friday, August 13, 2021

Buying Bitcoin for kids

I have 2 small children that I want to start DCA'ing into Bitcoin. What is the best way to setup a wallet for each of them, keeping in mind that I want to keep their wallets separate from my stack (for USA tax purposes and not to affect my cost basis) as well as them having to deal with any taxes if I were to "gift" them any Bitcoin later on. I am trying to avoid having to set up a wallet or buy from an exchange in my name. Would probably have to find an ATM that doesn't KYC. Anyone have any experience with any other ways? Anyone know what would happen when they turn 18 and take control of their wallet, would they have to pay taxes on that then? Not trying to avoid paying taxes on sale, just concerned about taxable events and how they pertain to this scenario.


No comments:

Post a Comment