Monday, May 2, 2022

Reversals - Not sure I understand these

Long time saver/investor. Long time listener to Martin. Long time basic subscriber. Decided I might take my hand at trading some of my savings using Socrates so I upgraded my account to pro and I added a couple of markets for the premium analysis.

One of those markets was Bitcoin (which I was wise enough to purchase back in 2018, life changing event). So I see the nearest daily bearish reversal was $37,885. Now in my mind, a bearish reversal means the price should continue dropping if it reaches this number. Well today it did, it fell down to $37,400 and by this afternoon it's back up at $38,573. Had I shorted at this daily reversal using the socrates input, I would have already lost a decent amount of money as it passed through the bearish reversal and almost immediately turned back upwards.

Do I understand the concept of a bearish reversal (sell) and bullish reversal (buy)? Or did I just pick the one market Socrates can't get it's proverbial hands around?

Any insight would be appreciated.

PS - The other market I purchased the premium analysis has done the same thing today, VTI (Vanguard total stock market index). It passed through the bearish reversal of 206.20, went down to 204ish, and is on the run back up at 208 and gaining as I write this.

So I only picked two markets for premium analysis - both went through the bearish reversal and so far have fired straight back up. It almost seems like one should do the opposite of what Socrates is indicating?


No comments:

Post a Comment