Friday, October 18, 2019

I Lost Trust in Crypto after Cryptsy's Bankruptcy, Now I Support It in My Store

My Initial Experience with Cryptocurrencies Didn't Go Well

Back in 2016 I decided to test the waters in cryptocurrencies. I started learning about exchanges, wallets, etc. My luck made me choose Cryptsy because of a referral at Bitcointalk and started delving in depositing funds, a bit of day trading, etc. I was starting to trust cryptocurrencies because my orders were successful and my funds grew as a result, I stopped seeing crypto as a fun game and started to think seriously about depositing bigger sums of money after that.

Paul Vernon fled to China with $3.3M in stolen funds from Cryptsy clients

But luckily news about the CEO of Cryptsy stealing the company's funds and the cancellation of withdrawals blew up before I deposited money there to scale up the trading. The hit wasn't hard I lost only about $40, I initially deposited like $20, but I also lost trust and an opportunity to have bought BTC at $600 and I chose to ignore everything about crypto until Aug.-Sep. this year.

After Three Years Some Conferences Sparked My Hope

Who made me finally take the plunge was John Mcafee's educating explanations in several of his talks. These helped me see the potential of blockchain beyond transaction tracking. The potential of registering events, historical, political, medical & scientific facts and discoveries, patents, plans and blueprints, etc. etc. all bypassing lies, censorship and manipulation is especially thrilling. Although John Mcafee is a bit eccentric he knows how to educate and convey this huge potential, these possibilities made me want to support cryptocurrencies.

Although peculiar Mcafee knows how to convey the potential of blockchain

How I Am Supporting Cryptocurrencies in My Store

For now I am supporting three cryptocurrencies in two ways:

  • Accepting payments in three cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum.
  • An affiliate program in which I pay my affiliates in Bitcoin if they so choose, instead of using Paypal.
  • Listing my store in cryptocurrency support communities like Cryptwerk

Payment options at checkout with a 3 option drop-down menu for cryptocurrencies

I may make payments to my affiliates in the other two cryptocurrencies if there is enough demand. As a small summary of the characteristics of the affiliate program, it has:

  • Commissions are 9% or 18% depending on your volume of sales (10 or more products per week).
  • Payments through PayPal or BTC.
  • Tracking of sales through custom promotional code.
  • Free to sign up. It is required to keep in contact with me.

My blog & store is Find Good Health I try to help people there learn to achieve and keep a good health and well-being by themselves through information about nutrition, fitness, complementary therapies and emotional balance.

For this I write in my blog about therapies and health advice, always trying to verify any advice and claim with sources in research and medical studies. One objective I have with my blog is to fight the overload of false health information, easy & quick remedies and poorly backed claims made in social media and most health and wellness blogs.

FindGoodHealth.org Homepage

Supporting the blog I offer a small selection of eco-friendly fitness, yoga & meditation tools and accessories, 100% natural skincare products, beauty & acupuncture devices, etc. All of them follow the same rule as my blog: "any benefit or claim any product has is backed by research studies", you can check this by the long text any product page has in comparison with traditional stores like Amazon.

Petitions & Questions to The Community

Since I'm a beginner accepting cryptocurrency payments I'd like your opinion on a couple of things:

  • It seems our Google overlords have recently changed the way Google Search Engine promotes web pages to higher positions in the search result page. Higher positions means more visitors, Google is putting more value if the readers interact more with the site they're visiting.
  • In my website that means writing a comment in my blog posts, if you could comment on any post you like or found useful, even to just show your support, say thanks or hi I'd be very appreciated. I'm working on an incentive to motivate my readers to comment but I admit I rarely do it myself, it's a bit of a pita nowadays :P Hate to ask you this but...

https://i.redd.it/5k7w99zfdat31.jpg

  • For now, I'm using direct cryptocurrency payments, that means when you make a transaction, the funds are transferred to my account. In the event you'd like a refund because there's a problem with the shipping or the product is defective I'd have to personally transfer the funds back to your wallet.
  • Do you find this form of payment trustworthy in a store like mine or would you prefer using a payment platform (a middleman) that keeps funds on hold until you receive your product at home?

Sorry did not find one with Litecoin ;^_^

  • If you are seriously thinking about becoming an affiliate marketer and having read my affiliate program, its conditions, form of payment, sales attribution and lack of statistics like bigger stores like Amazon have.
  • What do you think about the program, its conditions and higher percentages are attractive enough to sign up? Or would you rather sign up for program like Amazon? If my program didn't seem good enough for you what conditions you disliked? Can you compare them to other programs?

https://i.redd.it/jl339ag7dat31.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment