Tuesday, June 23, 2020

After power outage cannot unlock LND wallet... TLS certs?

Hey y'all I can't figure this one out.
I'm running a raspibolt node that followed Stadicus tutorial since February 2019. I keep it up to date often, currently running LND 10.0 , I last checked it a week ago after a power outage and all was well.

there was ANOTHER power outage last night (stormy season) and I had to restart everything. The bitcoin node is up and running, caught up on the chain. But now I can't unlock my LND wallet or access it through ZAP desktop. I get the error when unlocking and inputting my wallet pwd:

[lncli] rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = all SubConns are in TransientFailure, latest connection error: connection error: desc = "transport: authentication handshake failed: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority (possibly because of \"x509: ECDSA verification failure\" while trying to verify candidate authority certificate 

That led me to some threads about the TLS certs possibly having expired after some ~14 months. So I removed them, it created new ones after a restart. As you can see in the LND directory:

drwxr-xr-x 4 bitcoin bitcoin 4096 Jun 23 19:51 . drwxr-xr-x 5 bitcoin bitcoin 4096 Mar 20 13:17 .. drwx------ 4 bitcoin bitcoin 4096 Feb 7 2019 data -rw-r--r-- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 490 May 27 2019 lnd.conf drwx------ 3 bitcoin bitcoin 4096 Feb 7 2019 logs -rw-r--r-- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 0 Feb 8 2019 test -rw-r--r-- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 778 Jun 23 19:51 tls.cert -rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 227 Jun 23 19:51 tls.key 

They mentioned they solved it by copying the new TLS certs to a "different location" but do not specify where they copied them to. Stadicus guide has a few lines about pointing the admin acct to the TLS certs but nothing happens. troubleshooting shows the symbolic links are working fine. And, of course they were working for 16 months before today.

Any ideas or thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment