Monday, October 29, 2018

Event study in Stata

I am doing an event study for my masters thesis in Finance. I am investigating whether the correlation between Bitcoin and other currencies gets bigger or smaller after Bitcoin price shocks.

I know it is not normal to do an event study with something else than returns but I thought it was a cool idea when i made my thesis proposal. The problem I am experiencing is that my output makes sense but is hard to read and i do not know how to do a significance test.

Instead of daily return data i did a 90 day rolling correlation so i can get daily data.

for events i chose multiple event days which are actually the days with the highest return in one day, whether positive or negative.

I dont know what to do for my benchmark.

Id really appreciate any help


No comments:

Post a Comment