Saturday, November 3, 2018

Help with Master Thesis

Hi guys, I need some help with my thesis. My thesis subject is Correlation between bitcoin and altcoins after bitcoin price shocks.

What I was planning to do was to do an event study, where instead of returns I would use correlations.To replace daily data I decided to use 90 day or 30 day rolling correlations to get daily data in order to set a time series. The only problem I had was that I had no clue what to put as a benchmark correlation.

I found a guy that can maybe do that for me but still not confident. Another guy in r/stata told me maybe it is better to do a sctructural break test, but to do that in stata i need to regress one variable on another and i dont know how i would do that. Makes sense with returns but not with correlations.

Any help or constructive feedback would be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment