Wednesday, July 22, 2020

How to effectively study and internalize a large number of unrelated subjects, both trp and non-trp topics?

I've always been a poor learner, never been good with learning strategies. Always had a procrastination problem too, thinking "I want to learn more about that" but never taking action.

Now, after swallowing the red pill, and perusing the manosphere, I find myself in contact with a lot more learning material. Obviously the bulk of it is trp-related, but there's a lot of things that get brought up all the time in discussions. Then there is material that are rarely brought up, maybe just casually thrown around in a comment, but worth knowing.

For example here are some topics I've come into contact with recently. Some have surfaced as a result of casual browsing on previous topics. Some are full blown topics unrelated to trp, and some just from passing comments.

  • trp material (all of it)
  • TheRedPill/comments/3vri4k/you_got_a_stranger_pregnant_a_guide/ (and a million other amazing trp posts that would make me cry if they were lost)
  • everything in the trp, asktrp, redpillwomen sidebars
  • the stock market
  • bitcoin
  • feminism
  • islam
  • masculine rites of passage
  • maslow's hierarchy of needs
  • the five stages of grief
  • radical 3rd wave feminism
  • manners, diction, ettiquette
  • neoliberalism
  • human biodiversity
  • femininebeauty.info (the site)
  • femininebeauty.info passing comment I read: on mate choice, masculine women give masculine sons but unattractive daughters, feminine women give feminine daughters but unattractive sons - don't know if this is true but sounds interesting.
  • male and female hormones
  • iq
  • eugenics
  • jack donovan
  • group dynamics, inner circles vs outer circles
  • muscular christianity
  • rennaisance man
  • 48 laws of power, 7 habits, how to win friends.... and many other recommended books
  • enoch powell
  • enoch powell's rivers of blood speech
  • sacking of rome
  • simon mol
  • homesexuality/transsexualism
  • judaism
  • book: death of europe with douglas murray
  • lauren southern
  • stefan molyneux
  • ancient rome/greece
  • roman/grecian mythology
  • the overton window
  • western civilization
  • the migrant crisis
  • the culture of critique
  • survival prep
  • the list goes on...

Take something like feminism, generally antagonized in the manosphere. Someone might make a post that criticizes it. I can understand they're right and upvote accordingly, but I wouldn't be able to make such a critique myself. You then frequently find people, NPC's if you will, who just sound off in the comments with trite "feminism bad". I want to learn both sides, perhaps even able to debate someone on even why it's good, and not just why it's bad. And it's not just feminism, all of the subjects above.

Thanks to trp and the manosphere one has easy access to thought leaders of many disparate fields, but I want to become such a thought leader myself. My reasoning, why be mediocre, uninformed, reliant on thought leaders to analyze issues for me, when I owe it to myself to be as informed and knowledgeable as I can.

I am mainly asking about learning strategies, not so much help with trp. What is the best way to study said knowledge? Notebooks - that's a lot of notebooks. What if halfway through I want to correct previous notes because I got information from the wrong sources? Loose leaf, maybe that would be better. Or maybe set up a personal wiki which I'm leaning towards, but I don't want to be too reliant on technology. It's harder to visualize compared to physical notes, not a dealbreaker though.

Can someone offer thoughts on effective study strategies?



No comments:

Post a Comment