Monday, January 18, 2021

HOW TO START INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET? START INVESTING NOW! CHALLENEGE PORTFOLIO [EP.8] [01-18]

Do you want to get into the stock market but don’t know what stocks to pick? Read & watch this and my full journey as I start a new portfolio from scratch by saving & investing my money into a very diversified, well balanced growth & value portfolio

~Very Long Post~

Hello everyone and Welcome! If you are interested to watch MY full journey in the stock market as I record my journey starting a portfolio from zero and also want to get the latest news, updates & predictions be sure to follow me on Reddit and subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay up to date.

So, last time I checked in the challenge portfolio value was 4177$. This week I have added 50$ to my account I am currently up 610$ since starting with a gain of 5.8% in closed trades and a total ROI of almost 18%. This last week I made about 60$, the portfolio was trading even higher before a sell-off on Friday of 1.2%, the 3rd biggest losing day for the portfolio, as I had been on a 4-day winning streak with a .9% gain on Tuesday.

So, let’s take a look at my portfolio moves in this past week. Firstly, I closed 2 position partially, as I took some profits in both Tilray and Lemonade after both of them posted over 160% returns in a very short time, and I also opened and closed a trade in BioNano Genomics with a quick gain of 53% in just 3 days. I also opened another position in BNGO after that, but with a smaller implication for my portfolio and also added 30$ to my Bitcoin allocation, opened Jumia as a play on online retail in Africa. I also opened a position in Bilibili as I expect them to have the potential to be the next YouTube of Asia and opened Freeport McMoran as a diversification into Materials, more specifically Copper, as this will be highly needed for the booming semiconductor industry. And one last thing about the cash flows for this week, I also received a 41 cents dividend from Store Capital, one of the biggest plays on dividends in the portfolio.

Here [ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 ] is my current portfolio composition in order of my biggest gainers by percentage as the best performing companies are Lemonade & Tilray both up over 140%, with a couple of other services-based companies like Roku, CrowdStrike & Etsy being up over 50%, closely followed by Sunrun with a 47% gain.

Nio, Disney and Target are also up over 20%, with Target being one of the best traditional retail plays as they have exceed expectations with their Shipt platform.

Pinterest is also up 17%, being the only other social media platform except Facebook that I own.

The recently bought Jumia is already up 16% while more established names like Caterpillar, Qualcomm and AMD have also done pretty good.

My biggest investment, Apple has lost some ground recently but is still up 5% in the past 2 months, while Alibaba has finally regained some momentum and my new Bitcoin position just moved into the green.

I also have a couple of losing stocks, with Amazon and the new acquisitions BNGO and FCX losing some ground, while the biggest losers are by far Facebook & Coca-Cola, closely followed by Adobe & Visa.

Here are some of stocks that have gained or lost more than 5% in the last week, as my biggest winners are by far 2 small-cap stocks with BNGO and Tilray both up over 70% in the past 5 days, while my biggest losers were Sunrun down 13% and Lemonade down 8% after Citron Research went at them again.

I also had other big winners in the e-commerce world with Etsy & Jumia up 16% and also MercadoLibre up 7%, while 2 of the big Detroit OEMs had really good weeks after positive feedback at the latest event regarding their EV future.

Other losers from this week included names like Adobe, T-Mobile, Tesla & Visa, with nothing fundamentally changing about the companies.

Facebook also dropped 6% on the WhatsApp confusion, AMD suffered as Intel appointed a new CEO and Square followed Bitcoins pattern and lost ground for the week.

So, I finished the week up 71$ or 1.6% as my total ROI is nearing 18%, while I also managed to maintain my average risk score at 5 and My max drawdowns.

I have currently made 122 trades in this portfolio with 57% of them being profitable, with an average profit of over 25% and an average loss of 5.3%. As my most traded assets until now are Alibaba, Bitcoin and Carvana.

This are the biggest investments that I own in my portfolio, as I only have a couple of companies at the moment that I have invested more in. With Apple coming in at just over 3% while Boeing, Netflix and Amazon are the other bigger investments, with the biggest values right now in my portfolio being hold by Apple, Boeing, Netflix, Amazon & Roku after a huge run, all accounting for just over 2% of my portfolio.

Let’s take a quick look at my diversification, as my top 3 sectors are Technology, Communications Services and Consumer Discretionary, with my biggest industry allocations being to Retail & Online retail, though I am thinking I am a little to heavy on the retail side.

And here is my risk allocation, as my biggest risk is in the companies with the biggest values or that are the most volatile like Jumia, Boeing, Nio & Palantir but I think I still have enough diversification with most of the companies accounting for under 4% for my risk allocation, with only Jumia being overly-risky due to its high beta.

This is my current targeted portfolio, just a reminder you can find the link to this full spreadsheet and my price targets for different companies down in the description. So, my top 2 picks are Apple & Disney as I also have a lot of companies on my watchlist and my next buys list.

And last but not least don’t forget that this week we will have the ex-dividend dates for Broadcom & General Electric while Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Netflix & Intuitive Surgical all have earnings coming up this week.

๐Ÿ™Thank you everyone for reading!๐Ÿ™ Hope you enjoyed the content! Be sure to leave a comment down below with your opinion on the stock market

PS:

Hello Guys❗ I would like to know what content would you enjoy more from me❓

What would you enjoy to read more on Reddit or watch on YouTube

Please VOTE Also please don't forget to follow me on YouTube

๐Ÿ”œStay tuned for the upcoming posts in the next couple of days❗

๐ŸŽฏMy: Price Target Spreadsheet ๐ŸŽฏ / ๐Ÿ’ฐMy: 0 to Hero Challenge Portfolio ๐Ÿ’ฐ

✔️ These 2 sheets are self-updating every minute, so the stats are very accurate ✔️

๐Ÿ™PayPal Donations: Thank You! ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ™Bitcoin Donations: 36p4bR29u6idYhNr9sLKCbdNXD43bMdvq2 ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ™Thank you very much for the support❗ I really appreciate it & Have a great day and see you next time๐Ÿ™


No comments:

Post a Comment