Saturday, December 25, 2021

Man this is my biggest issue with crypto …

The fucking people in control of our governments are old heads that don’t understand what crypto is and how to apply appropriate laws to accommodate this innovation.

These people are the same people that are in Congress who say to a company like Google “Can Google track your phone, like without using Comcast, but Goolgle itself” … like common man.

Reason why I’m ranting is because I have no fucking idea how to do my taxes. In Canada, apparently/technically each transaction is a taxable event.

For example you buy Bitcoin, it goes up 30%, you then exchange to Ethereum and it goes up 45% … you are not taxed as a 75% increase/gain, there is now two taxable events.

Buying Bitcoin it going up 30%, exchanging for Eth, right there that’s a taxable event and now Eth increasing and once sold or traded is now another taxable event.

Even if you exchange to a stable coin, everything technically is a fucking taxable event.

I’ve used 3 exchanges and one wallet, I’m assuming my statements are going to be f’d because I used withdraw instead of exchange …. Fuck.

I have some losses I want to claim and essentially just keep my books clean.

Now, I have no fucking idea on what to do.

Any crypto vets, especially Canadian ones who have any advice, tips, and overall experience on how to properly file your taxes in respects to including crypto is welcomed.

Merry Christmas to you all, I hope all of you and your family have a safe and joyful holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment