Sunday, June 20, 2021

Please explain to me how come a "death cross" is even considered a FUD at this point?

I mean with everything going on, a pattern is what matters and what people fear? REALLY? Come on, please ELI5 why a pattern and different times make people fear when adoption keeps growing and whales keep accumulating on-chain.

My biggest issue with the Death cross narrative is the bitcoin funding rate at leading exchanges when bitcoin drops below 33k since May 19, funding rates for futures become negative. This means that a whale bot may arbitrage with x125 leverage with 1/125 of what the bot holds in the spot(For "small sums" on each deal). Basically buying at a discount passing -2% before 30k on top exchanges.

This is why the 30k line wasn't broken on may 19, let alone that it barely held 5 minutes before jumping to 33k and short squeezed up to 35k within a few more minutes.

Anyway, back to the point, please ELI5 to me how this so-called "Death cross" matters at this point. And no, I don't care about inductive conclusions based on a number of events I can count with one palm.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment