Sunday, June 20, 2021

New Burry Tweet, Confirms He’s Been Posting Riddles

So Michael Burry just posted this on Twitter about an hour ago:

Burry Archive 6/20/21

Basically he’s calling a head and shoulders on Bitcoin, nothing surprising since he’s been calling for a crash there for a while. I don’t know enough to say whether I agree or not, but I do know a stock market crash or major liquidity event would be devastating to BTC as well. BTC is more correlated with the broader market than crypto folks would like to admit, I feel.

The main part of this tweet that caught my eye, and why I am writing this post is the first line. Burry writes: “Easiest riddle you’ll ever get from me. What do Troy Polamalu and #Bitcoin have in common?”

“Easiest riddle you’ll ever get from me.”

I think most of this sub is aware that he’s been leaving coded messages in his tweets, judging by the excellent KushCo DD I saw the other day. However, I think this is explicit confirmation that he’s actually doing it and we’re not just reading too much into his tweets. I take this to mean that he wanted us to derive KSHB from “Knowing Saves Half the Battle.”

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I’ve been following him on twitter since December or January and never saw him give explicit confirmation that his posts have other meanings before.

I have a lot more reading to do, but now that I know it’s not pure conjecture, I do think I might take the good doctor’s advice and open a small position in KSHB on a dip. Who knows, we may even see Greenlane shares in his next 13F 🤷‍♂️


No comments:

Post a Comment