Thursday, November 8, 2018

PROBLEM: Electron Cash wallet showing 0 BCH after trying to set up from Electrum seed - any ideas why?

So I finally decided to try to access BCH that I should have as a result of hard fork from Bitcoin Core. The problem was, when following this simple guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7--pmPa11E - my balance displays as 0. Any ideas why / how I can solve this?

NOTE - this vid is a little out of date, and there were some extra steps I had to take to take which might affect why this isn't working?

When I am prompted to 'Enter Seed', I cannot click next unless I click on 'Options'. From there I choose 'BIP39', and then get also this : (checksum: failed) along with the following msg: 'WARNING. BIP39 seeds can be imported in Electron Cash, so that users can access funds in locked wallets. However, we do not generate BIP39 seeds, because they do not meet our safety standard. BIP39 seeds do not contain a version number, which compromises compatability with future software. We dont guarantee that BIP39 imports will always be supported in Electron Cash."

It then asks for 'Derivation for Standard Wallet', which I left as standard m/44'/145'/0'

Then the wallet generates with 0 balance.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I held BTC in Electrum from 29 Jul 2017, and didnt move it until 08 Sep 2017, so in theory I should have some BCH somewhere!

Any help appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment