Thursday, May 9, 2019

Humble Request -- can someone help with an idiot proof guide on how to buy and safely store some bitcoin for near and longer term?

I've done a fair amount of research into bitcoin and crypto currency itself as a currency and asset. I'm would like to hedge the retirement fund.

I do not trust exchanges for anything other than exchanges and would like to keep the bulk of these bitcoin in safe cold storage. I do not understand the state of desktop/mobile wallets. Most of the information I find seems outdated and rather specific.

I figure I can store the keys (hardware wallet? steel plate with etched keys?) in a safety deposit box in a bank and then transfer the bitcoin to that wallet, perhaps making regular moves. However, I'm really not clear what the right pattern can be for safety and perhaps some degree of anonymity.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide.



No comments:

Post a Comment