Tuesday, July 23, 2019

07-24 04:53 - 'Is Bitcoin viewed as anti-American for some people?' (self.Bitcoin) by /u/CryptPrep removed from /r/Bitcoin within 124-134min

'''

This happened to me 2 weeks ago when I went on a trip to Atlanta GA (12hours drive from WI lol). As someone who is a BTC enthusiast and really excited about blockchain technology (also plan to major in CS because of this reason too), I usually ask every store I visit if they accept bitcoin at all. Sometimes, I do find stores that accept bitcoin so that does give me some hope.

Anyhow, this particular incident happened when I went to a small family-owned restaurant near the suburb of Atlanta. I asked the cashier if they accepted bitcoin.

"What the heck is Bitcoin?" asked the cashier

"Yea it is a block chain based currency that could complete financial transaction instead of dollar."

"Get the F*ck out of this place, you anti American Chinese looking N***ers. We only accept American dollar that is better than anything else in the world. If you like bitcoin then go back to a country that prints bitcoin you ungrateful chinks" Btw, I am not even a Chinese descent (Parents are Korean).

The owner who overheard our conversation also decided to kick my family out of restaurant for being "anti-American".

Yes, perhaps it was my fault too that I ask cashiers at every store I visit to check if they visit bitcoin, but it made me feel kinda crap that I put my parents a bad time. My parents were also mad at me for asking that stupid question, but they were also angry at the owner too.

However, this event made me also realize that nationalists might reject bitcoin since it is not American.
Ironically, if you are patriotic and want what is best for the future of this country's citizens and rest of the world, I think decentralized currency should be adopted but I think we still have more homework to do to let the world know what bitcoin actually is.

'''

Is Bitcoin viewed as anti-American for some people?

Go1dfish undelete link

unreddit undelete link

Author: /u/CryptPrep


No comments:

Post a Comment