Friday, November 22, 2019

I didn't buy bitcoin because of how well I thought they'd do 6-12 months out, but 6-12 years out

And whenever the price is low, even though I got it in during some fomo, cost average, if I was willing to drop $1200 on a tenth of a bitcoin, today's prices look like a bargain, I actually bought $508 of it yesterday.

I didn't plug my money into the cryptomarket as well I could have, I should have averaged it out more across a longer period of time, that said, iirc the inflation on bitcoins mined and released into the market prior to the next halvening is high compared to say our fiat USD...that will drastically change 5-10 years out when the inflation rate is substantially lower than inflation on fiat.

I believe there is a chance that the next recession could be a doozy, and say a substantial credit downgrade on US Treasury bonds, bond holders demanding higher interest rates, or the US somehow defaulting on its outstanding debt instead of say mass printing off a good $23,000,000,000,000 as opposed to of absolving itself from debt...there could be a major change in the world order on USD being the world's reserve currency.

In terms of conflicts among major powers this has been the most peaceful 70 years the planet has ever seen between rival powers...I believe there will be a major event in our future where that is no longer the case, dystopian at minimum. We're not doing good long term planning in this country. Several Billionaires believe there will be an event on our horizon, why luxury doomsdsy bunkers are now a thing, we haven't seen Americans building bunkers out of armageddon fears since the height of the coldwar.


No comments:

Post a Comment