Monday, December 23, 2019

Another positive review for PhuketIPTV

Was put onto this last week by a friend as Helix via my reseller is becoming a little spotty over the past few weeks. I wanted to be prepared to jump ship if I needed to.

Cost
1 MONTH $5
3 MONTHS $14
6 MONTHS $25
1 YEAR  $45

Payments
Paypal was accepted (friends and family only), Skrill (whatever that is) and also payments accepted in various crypto currencies. A trial of 24 hours was also offered.

Signup
The signup process is a little more difficult than most services I have used. There is no panel to log into. The website : https://phuketiptv.com/ is very basic and not very inspiring, As I said previously, a trial was offered, and so initially I sent an email to the address on the site and asked for a 24 hour Trial. I got a reply within a couple of hours with login details (Xtream logins, m3u URL's and a link to discord server)

After a few hours I was convinced enough that it would be worth putting down $5 to get a closer look at the service and to try it out for a full month. I sent an email asking how I go about signing up as there is no panel to create an account. I got a reply within 30 minutes and I was told to send payment, and then email with the transaction ID and the username from the account (I paid with bitcoin) I was also told that login details from free trial could be kept the same.

After sending the email with the transaction ID, I got a reply again within 30 minutes that the account had been extended and that I was good to go.

Although not the easiest signup process, the seller was quick, efficient and there were no problems getting both the trial and the full account all setup and working very quickly and with minimal fuss.

Channels
At first I was completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of channels available. I expected a huge number of "filler" channels, but I was surprised that most of the channels on most of the countries listed seemed to be accurate and working. Quality was on-par with services that are charging 3 or more times this price.

The first main test was the 3pm kickoffs for uk Premier League on Saturday.
My current providers normally have sky and Supersports and then some also have nbc gold or an epl alternative.
On browsing the list I found that Phuketiptv was providing NBC Gold, Supersports, DAZN, Optus, All Bein sports, Flow/Rush, and at least two other providers that I had never seen elsewhere. All links were active and working well both for kickoff and also throughout the match. There were multiple feeds for the Sky and BT sports channels, consider the 3pm kick off test well and truly passed.

Other channels in the uk and usa categories were complete, there were one or two down when i had a quick look through them, but reporting channels is easy and the guy seems very responsive to requests and channel reporting (more on that later) There were lots of Canadian and Australian feeds that I will be adding to my own custom channel list, nothing obvious seemed to be missed, I browsed many of the european countries channels and again a huge majority were up and running and seemed to be correct.

Guide
After a few days of basic browsing with vlc and the m3u I added the details into IMPlayer and also tivimate on my boxes, tivi seemed to give a slightly better layout/results from my initial look through. The guides were more complete than I expected. I did have to time-shift a little to get the guides to match up, but eventually I will using iptv-epg to manage my channels and guide myself. SO guide is not normally something I worry too much about. For those that rely on provider guide, it seems just as good as any you will find on more expensive services, they don't only rely on the English speaking channels to get them by, they have guide into for most countries/channels that have guide into available.

Communication
In the signup email I was provided a link to discord channel, this is well laid out with lots of information available to users new and old. There are "General chat", "channel requests" and "report channels" boards. posts made to these are required to be in a certain format, the format for posts can be found in pinned messages, if you have a quick read through the owner seems very responsive to any and all requests and reports (as long as they are in the correct format) Channels seem to be fixed very quickly once reported. The service seems to be pro-active rather than reactive when it comes to new additions. In the few days I have been there they have added several new sets of channels (SPFL, FoxTel Australia and all EPL games for the rest of the year are prepared in a folder)
There are also "announcement", "Troubleshooting", "links" and "downloads" chats on discord. I would advise having a good look around and getting a feel for things before jumping in. but overall a very positive experience so far and I can see no reason why I would not continue to send my $5 per month on an ongoing basis to this guy as long as the experience continues the way it has started.

Other thoughts
Would be nice to be able to have "multi-connection" accounts rather than individual accounts for more than one device, but he is offering a discount on a second line (separate username)
Overall, very nice budget provider who offers way more than expected and gives some of the "big guys" some serious competition. Would also be a good idea to have a panel for customers to signup directly, I can understand why they don't have this, but it will certainly dissuade some potential users from sending in money.



No comments:

Post a Comment