Monday, December 23, 2019

need some directions regarding my homelab / server

So my specs are the following:
- ryzen 2600
- 16gb RAM
- 512gb SSD
- 2x 2TB HDD (I plan to buy 2x TB more and then run them in raid1)

I plan to host various services like:
- nextcloud
- btcpayserver
- standalone bitcoin node
- music service
- movie service
...

I installed proxmox for managing VMs / containers. I also mounted hdds as LVM drives and assigned some space to each VM.

So my goal would be to have some of the services exposed like: music.mydomain.com or nextcloud.mydomain.com etc...

I am quite new in this area, if I understand correctly I'd have to run nginx container on my homeserver and then let nginx route to other VMs/containers.

Are there any good sources / guides to read to learn the basics of security / firewall / setting up different VMs / containters, best practices etc...?

Regards,



No comments:

Post a Comment