Tuesday, June 9, 2020

I think I was just involved in a third party scam! Mods help please!

Dear Paxful Mods,

I think I have just unknowingly involved myself in a third party scam but I am not sure. On June 8th I started selling bitcoin to a user called “Fredickwells”. Account link: https://paxful.com/user/Fredickwells?status=all. Fredickwells told me that his friend, who is from Malaysia is buying bitcoin for him, and would transfer the money. His account looked trustworthy and I told him to put the Trade ID inside the bank description which he did. I received a bank transfer payment from “person x” and all was good ( We have since done about 5 trades since then ). However on June 9th, I was just contacted by another person, called: ‘armani00000’ profile link: https://paxful.com/user/armani00000?status=all, who was also trying to buy bitcoin from me. Upon verification, he gave me an IC which has the exact same name as the previous bank transfer I received from ‘Fredickwells’. The IC name given to me by ‘armani00000’ is ‘Chan Khoon Lin’ as well.

I am assuming they are doing a third party scam on ‘person x’ and the bank transfer may be disputed soon once the bank owner realises what is going on. Could you take a look into this as soon as possible and possibly lock up the bitcoin in their account in the event that this is a scam as the bank transfer payment may be reversed.

I can provide more detailed/personal information to moderators


No comments:

Post a Comment